Hello everyone,

I just wanted to know if there was already a feature to determine a mote's unique ID (when available) in RIOT.

Such a feature can be highly desirable when running a test on many devices (I think about IoT-LAB testbed, for example), to automatically assign/compute node addresses, or seed RNGs with numbers really specific to each device.

If there is none, I can provide the one I have just built for my ongoing tests on IoT-LAB M3 motes: other users could then implement it for other motes later...

Best,
--

     Kévin Roussel
     Doctorant, projet LAR