Hello Lennart,

On 25.06.2015 16:14, Lennart Dührsen wrote:
the method you suggested now works halfway for me, but I still can't
that's half the battle (:
linux~ nc -u fe80::b400:b1ff:fe63:f33d%tap0 54545
Using nc without the -l flag will start a udp client and connect to the riot server. You will however not be able to receive messages on Linux without starting a udp server (-l flag). You need to also specify the tap0's ipv6 address here > f33c < with the %tap0 suffix, instead of riot's ipv6 address, in order to listen on the tap0 device.
Additionally, what I don't really understand is how one device (tap0)
can have two IPv6 addresses. In the default example for RIOT, where two
In general, it is completely valid for a device to have multiple ipv6 addresses. However, this is not the case in this situation. In Linux you should only see >one< ipv6 address when you use ip/ifconfig on tap0 with this method.

I am not really experienced enough to tell how ng_nativenet utilizes the tun/tap interface in detail.. Maybe it's possible to use tap0 and tap1 and the additional bridge to establish a connection between riot and linux.. But one tap interface seems to be sufficient for this purpose.
Btw, using nc as you initially described did not produce any output on
either side (nc -ul fe80:...:f33c%tap0 54545).
Could you try this again and re-check the ipv6 addresses you used? I don't know why this shouldn't work..

Best,
Cenk