Greetings,

Thank you for your kind reply. I tried the way you suggested and I still
have a problem with the UART. I wrote a separate code to test the UART and
it works. However, with RIOT I am getting no response. I am using the
hello_world application to test. modified the uart.c code in the periph of
the cpy folder i created (atmega128rfa1). I am only trying to make one of
the UART work. Do I have to also modify the time, interrupt and other files?

Best regards,

On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 2:27 AM, Hauke Petersen <hauke.peter...@fu-berlin.de
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think so far nobody has attempted to port that board.
>
> Please don't take the available porting guide word-by-word, it might be
> outdated in places - we are currently putting heavy effort in
> rewriting/updating our documentation!
>
> So for porting the Zigduino I think you can just follow a simple approach:
> copy the `arduino-mega2560` board and the `atmega2560` cpu and adapt them
> to the specifics of the new board. Start simple by just trying to get the
> UART to work and than add to it. Don't worry about duplicating code while
> you just want to get the board working somehow - I would suggest that you
> than PR your code once you have basic functionality working (e.g. UART,
> GPIO, timers) and we can work out together a concept of introducing some
> shared board/cpu folders for ATMega based platforms (as done in
> cpu/cortexm_common for coretx-m based platforms).
>
> Just let us know where we can help!
>
> Cheers,
> Hauke
>

> On 17.11.2015 09:42, Behailu S. Negash wrote:
>
> Greetings,
>
> I have been trying to port RIOT for Zigduino board for about a week (On
> and Off), but I am confused. Has anybody done porting for zigduio? or is
> there any specific steps I need to follow, besides the general guideline
> given in documentation?
>
> Thank you
>
> --
> Behailu Shiferaw Negash