Hi Bernhard,
we actually use this setup for testing of interoperability [1] but
there are a few issues:

* Linux doesn't have full 6LoWPAN support yet (I never created the
setup myself but only used a pre-setup Raspberry Pi, but as far as I
know you still need to compile the kernel yourself)
* Linux doesn't support 6LoWPAN-ND yet

Also I don't know much about RPL on the Linux side, which you would
need because usually the border router would take the position of the
RPL root in a WPAN.

Cheers,
Martine

[1]