Hi,

Recently I started porting RIOT OS to MIPS. My initial goal is to
support emulated MIPS32r2 cores in QEMU. For now I verified that I'm
able to run the examples/hello-world application:

main(): This is RIOT! (Version: 2016.03-devel-827-g89959-hppav-mips-malta)
Hello World!
You are running RIOT on a(n) mips-malta board.
This board features a(n) mips_common MCU.

There's more work required to run other examples (I think I haven't got
Makefiles entirely right as I hit some linking errors for other
examples), but I was wondering if reaching the stage where all/most of
these apps run on MIPS core emulated by QEMU would be good enough to
create the pull request? Or perhaps I should come back once I ported it
to the physical board? After QEMU this is my next step but it will
happen much later...

Thanks,
Leon