Hey,

This discussion is also related to
https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pull/5412#issuecomment-237688208
I'm trying to enhance support for ek-lm4fxl-120 board, which is not as popular
as stm boards...
It's a bit complicated to find reviewers with some extra time for reviewing,
and even more for hardware testing...

Would it be possible to have an in-between set of boards (between "well
supported/tested" and "in
the trash") ? Where reviewers could omit the hardware tests for example and
rely on the "community"
to do such tests ?

I must admit that having to spend several weeks for each small PR is a bit
frustrating, but I fully
understand that nobody really cares about this board. If this is not possible,
then maybe you're
right and boards that can't be maintained should be ditched. People can still
maintain their own
fork (what I'll probably do for TivaC board).

Marc

August 9 2016 2:06 PM, "Ludwig Knüpfer" <ludwig.knuep...@fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm all for cleaning up stale boards, especially I'd they are as hard to
> obtain as for example the
> FU boards.
> If I'm not mistaken this would also enable the removal of at least one legacy
> driver interface (I
> have some GPIO API in mind).
>
> Cheers,
> Ludwig
>
> Am 9. August 2016 13:52:56 MESZ, schrieb "Joakim Nohlgård"
> <joakim.nohlg...@eistec.se>:
>
>> I agree with dropping qemu-i386
>>
>> On the same subject, would it make sense to clean up some other boards
>> with less than ideal support?
>> chronos is one board which I frequently run into trouble with because
>> it is never up to date with the other platform implementations,
>> especially the stdio is very hacky on that board.
>>
>> /Joakim
>>
>> On Aug 9, 2016 12:51, "Martine Lenders" <m.lend...@fu-berlin.de> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> we now have the third person wondering about the qemu-i386 port. Fact
>>> is, it doesn't work (we do not even have the unittests activated
>>> anymore). Is there a reason why we did not drop it yet (except making
>>> all the good work by René void)? Or are we planning to provide better
>>> support for it in the future?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Martine