Just few considerations, I hope they are useful

I implemented the WLAN support using the Texas Instrument simplelink driver.

It is something I never shared because it worked fine for me but it was not
a state of the art piece of software, it lacks review and clean up ...

My approach was to implements a RIOT module that manages the communication
with the cc3200 network wifi processor.

Just to render the idea, this is the .h interface module:

https://gist.github.com/attdona/b9f2169b4adf5e71e03406b91d4c78e6

Greetings
Attilio