Dear RIOTers,

(There is a message for all maintainers at the end)

The new release candidate 2018.07-RC2 for RIOT is now ready for testing.

I opened the testing issue for following the RC2 testing:

https://github.com/RIOT-OS/Release-Specs/issues/69

Please assign yourself on the tasks you will take care of.

You can also still add a note of your contributions for this release in the release notes: https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pull/9566

To all boards maintainers, and developers that care about their boards

To all boards maintainers who do not maybe have time to follow the testing for the release in general.

As we have limited working power and hardware available here, many of your boards are never tested for the release. I would like to start addressing that and have a wider idea on the state of our hardware support and our automated testing, which tests work and which do not. But this requires you to take part of it, if you want to.

I would like to ask you if you could run the automated tests on your board on the release branch 2018.07-branch and send me the results. I will take care of processing them and summarize the outcome to have a better view on our current tests suites and what could be improved for the next release.

It is currently still a Pull request in the Release-Specs repository,
and I welcome your feedback.

https://github.com/RIOT-OS/Release-Specs/pull/68

You can run tests during lunch break or during the night, it should be automatic. And then send me the results with a pull request to https://github.com/cladmi/RIOT_2018_07_tests_results.

That would be really nice of you.