Hi Ashim,

the LPC2387 is unfortunately a very bad example, as this CPU is not very well maintained and does not comply with the best practices of structure and style that newer CPUs in RIOT use.

The general approach for porting CPUs in RIOT is to rely as much as possible on shared code. Keeping this in mind, all the needed startup code, base linker scripts, ... etc, are implemented and provided by the shared `cpu/cortexm_common` code path. All the specific CPU implementations have to provide, are their interrupt vector structure (see e.g. `cpu/samd21/vectors.c` or `cpu/stm32f4/vectors.c`), their memory layout (see e.g. `cpu/sam0_common/Makefile.include`), their clock initialization code (see e.g. `cpu/samd21/cpu.c`), and of course there peripheral driver implementations (typically in a `periph` subdir).

So with this, all you need is to extract that information above from the vendor libraries and you should be good to go!

Cheers,
Hauke