Hello Daniel,

On 30/07/15 17:26, Daniel Gutson wrote:
On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 11:31 AM, Daniel Gutson
<daniel.gut...@tallertechnologies.com>  wrote:

>El 30/7/2015 11:27, "Joel Sherrill"<joel.sherr...@oarcorp.com>  escribió:
>>

>>On 7/30/2015 9:08 AM, Daniel Gutson wrote:
>>>
>>>IOW, I think that the double parens is only for decltype.
>>

>>Historical convention is to put parens around variable names
>>in macros. What type of impact does this have?
>
>If what I think is correct, then the impact os none since this a bug. But I
>will look at it deeper once I arrive to the office in 1h. I will try with
>different versions of gcc and clang and look into the C++ standard. So far
>the (()) seems to be a decltype only thing, so this would be a frontend bug.
As I mentioned in the bugzilla, I think this is a bug of the front-end
(since I could not reproduce
it in earlier versions of g++ (4.8.4) and clang (3.5)). I already
asked Ville Voutilainen and Jens Maurer
(from the C++ Committee) to look into it. I will let you know.

thanks for looking at this issue. Is this really a problem within the scope of the standard? The global register variables are GCC specific. Is it possible to construct objects without an address via plain C++?

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09