Hi

I'm thinking about porting CANFestival to RTEMS. I think it should be relatively doable do to the posix support, and because the core files don't have any platform specific code as far as I can tell.

Has anyone had any experience porting CANFestival so far, are could offer some advice?

So far I've made a copy of the UNIX time and lincan drivers and renamed them to can_rtems and timers_rtems as well as a couple of other directories.

I've gotten to the point where I need to link against an RTEMS BSP, and don't really know what to do. I want to include <rtems.h> and generate a static library that I can link with my application, or if I'm really lucky, run the existing examples on RTEMS.

Regarding CAN drivers, I have written a simplistic CAN driver framework based on lincan and the current cpukit/dev/i2c style IMFS driver. This should be easy to support in CANFestival, and could pave the way for supporting lincan directly at some point.

Thanks,

Isaac