Hallo Gedare,

thanks for the review.

On 09/07/17 14:15, Gedare Bloom wrote:

Rest of these patches looked good other than my few notes. Just
another question, does this scheduler support:
* partitioned EDF
* clustered EDF
* global EDF
Just based on how the scheduler instances and affinity sets are defined?

This EDF implementation doesn't support arbitrary thread processor affinities (APA), so you cannot use the affinity sets to get clustered EDF with it. You can use scheduler instances for this.

I guess its very hard to implement an EDF scheduler with APA support that works well on machines with several L2+ caches. The restriction to one-to-one and one-to-all greatly simplifies the problem.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09