On 22/01/18 01:06, Joel Sherrill wrote:

    I am open to any ideas that improve how we use and manage the RSB.

I don't want to move away from release branches or including the versions
in the files.

Having the versions in the files makes it easy to upgrade all but one or two
architectures.

If you use the versions in the files, then each update creates orphan files. If you remove these files, then you do basically a rename with a modification. In addition, you have to search and replace the version in the *.bset files. It would be much easier to use *.cfg files without a version, e.g.

tools/rtems-gcc.cfg
tools/rtems-gcc-m32.cfg
tools/rtems-gcc-or1k.cfg

--