On 21/12/2018 15:18, Daniel Hellstrom wrote:

On 2018-12-21 15:12, Sebastian Huber wrote:

On 2018-12-21 14:57, Sebastian Huber wrote:
Hello Daniel,

On 21/12/2018 14:42, Daniel Hellstrom wrote:
Hi Sebastian,

Sorry for my very late response! I have reviewed the code but not executed it, it looks okay with me. I'm guessing it is also a positive thing to remove malloc for another approach to allocate memory when it comes to validation of the SW.

thanks for the review.

My next step is to move the grlib to bsps/shared/grlib so that it can be used for RISC-V BSPs.

Great news! how will you do with the driver manager in this case, will you add a connection between FDT and the driver manager via FDT-bus driver? I think that would be of interest also for LEON, I would be happy to review such a solution or similar one.

Sorry, I don't have time to match the FDT with the driver manager. The libbsd has already this functionality. All I plan to do at the moment is to move the files and make them compile clean.

Okay, in the long-term do you think it is better to move to the libbsd way than using the driver manager? The driver manager is around 10k, and the required stuff around 5k on sparc if I recall correctly. Do you have an idea how large the device discovery, etc. is in libbsd?

I don't have figures, but the libbsd is more for systems that provide RAM in quantities of 1MiBs and not 10KiBs.

Thats my assumption too, then we will stick with the driver manager. However at some point we would want to add a GRETH_GBIT network driver for the libbsd stack, maybe it is required for that particular driver then, I don't know. I will have to dig into that at some point.

The network stack interfaces are separate from the FreeBSD bus abstraction. You can use your driver manager and write a network interface driver for libbsd.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09