On 21/02/2020 12:26, Hesham Almatary wrote:
On Fri, 21 Feb 2020 at 11:07, Sebastian Huber
<sebastian.hu...@embedded-brains.de>  wrote:
Hello Hesham,

On 20/02/2020 16:40, Hesham Almatary wrote:
Hello,

Are there any progress updates to the Waf build system integration in RTEMS?

I have pulled [1] and it seems like it hasn't got many updates since
December. I wonder what's still remaining/blocking to merge it, or at
least push it as a development branch (without re-writing history)
that others, including me, can use it and submit patches against.

[1] git://git.rtems.org/sebh/rtems.git
technically, the new build system is ready for integration into the
master branch. I would need about one day to rebase and test it before
the push. The integration is currently blocked since Chris and Joel had
no time to look at it.

Thanks for your input, Sebastian. Is there a recommended branch I
should be based on? I noticed there's "build" and "build-next".

The "build" branch contains the state of the first review. I updated "build-next" a couple of times to integrate the changes on the RTEMS master.

Do you intend to re-write git history in either?

Yes, when I started with the build system work I didn't expect a more than two months review period.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09