On 2020-03-06 04:10, jan.som...@dlr.de wrote:
I am currently working on the backport of the i386 patch set for the
5-freebsd-12 branch (I don't see any use in backporting these amd64 patches).

Thank you.

The question is, if I should use the path-mappings approach introduced with this patch
set or keep the "if cpu == i386" which is the current state.
My preference would be to keep it similar in both branches, but I would need to
know if this patch set has a chance to be accepted.

I agree lets keep the build system side of things close so backport the path mapping support. I think it will help when RTEMS 5 is released.

Chris