On 11/09/2020 11:21, Karel Gardas wrote:

There is also an associated ticket:

http://devel.rtems.org/ticket/2830

I think the i386 BSPs need to be cleaned up to use an instruction set
which fits current the x86 hardware. I mean hardware which is still in
use and not some stuff from the 1990s.

If I'm not mistaken, then this is simply fixed by using other BSP's
variant? Like pc486/pc586/pc686 ... Those optimize for different CPUs
and gcc's lib provides necessary synchronization functions then...
The question is if there are RTEMS users in this universe which have x64 hardware in use which understands only the pc486/pc586/pc686 instruction sets. This is stuff from the 1990s.