On 08/02/2021 06:50, Chris Johns wrote:

Another approach is to remove the greedy allocation functions and test the no
memory conditions differently. We could wrap the allocator function and let if
fail every n-the call. With this you can write generic tests like:

for i=1,2,...

    let allocate fail in i-th call

   p = test()

   if p != NULL:

         done
I think greedy should have a separate test as it is an interface. A test means
sbrk can be tested because I am wondering if it is. Removing it and playing with
allocators not an option for me. There are too many powerpc BSP we have not been
able to test and have sat broken for a decade now. They are a tangle of
interconnected pieces that are fragile and the ISA bridge IRQ bug is an example.
If we cannot test all powerpc BSPs we need to step carefully. My efforts are
focused on a specific working PowerPC BSP.

This approach would be independent of the BSP. The problem is that this stuff is used in a couple of tests:

grep -rl '[gG]reedy' testsuites/
testsuites/sptests/sp18/init.c
testsuites/sptests/sp64/init.c
testsuites/sptests/spfifo02/init.c
testsuites/sptests/spmountmgr01/init.c
testsuites/sptests/spstdthreads01/init.c
testsuites/sptests/spprivenv01/init.c
testsuites/fstests/fsimfsgeneric01/init.c
testsuites/fstests/fsrfsbitmap01/test.c
testsuites/psxtests/psxkey01/init.c
testsuites/psxtests/psxpipe01/init.c
testsuites/psxtests/psxmsgq02/init.c
testsuites/psxtests/psximfs02/init.c
testsuites/psxtests/psxkey07/init.c
testsuites/psxtests/psxkey08/init.c
testsuites/psxtests/psxobj01/init.c
testsuites/psxtests/psxkey02/init.c
testsuites/psxtests/psxchroot01/test.c
testsuites/libtests/malloctest/init.c
testsuites/libtests/block11/init.c
testsuites/libtests/rbheap01/rbheap.doc
testsuites/libtests/rbheap01/init.c
testsuites/libtests/termios01/termios_testdriver.c
testsuites/libtests/termios01/init.c
testsuites/smptests/smpirqs01/init.c

--
embedded brains GmbH