On 29/03/2021 00:29, Chris Johns wrote:
On 28/3/21 8:04 pm, Christian Mauderer wrote:
On 28/03/2021 03:16, Chris Johns wrote:
On 28/3/21 6:16 am, Ahamed Husni wrote:
Hi,

I ran the hello program on the BBB using a bootable SD card. The SD card has two
partitions.

   1. BOOT - primary, bootable, FAT32
   2. ROOT - primary, ext4

The BOOT partition has the following files.

   1. uEnv.txt
   2. rtems-app.img
   3. Device Tree Blob (am335x-boneblack.dtb)

I want to run all the tests on the BBB. Is there any other way to do this?

      You have to get the BBB to fetch exes from a ftftp server (provided inside
      rtems-test) and provide some automated power control to the board.
      - Dr. Joel (in Discord)

Please have a look at ..

https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/user/testing/configuration.html
https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/user/testing/tftp.html

Chris

Like Chris pointed out, the testing documentation is a good start point if you
want to automate running tests.

Thanks. We are talking about an online tut session to work through running the
tests on real hardware as a practical demonstration. I am not sure how we run
this and what we need to handle doing this.

Beneath using TFTP for the Beagle you could also use a JTAG debugger to load the
application if you have one. As far as I know, the tester is quite flexible
regarding how to load an application.

If your JTAG debugger has an GDB interface, you could use about the following
commands for beagle (you have to adapt "monitor reset" to whatever causes a
reset with your JTAG hardware):

define reset
     echo -- Reset target and wait for U-Boot to start kernel.\n
     monitor reset
     # RTEMS starts at this address.
     tbreak *0x80000000
     # Linux starts here.
     tbreak *0x82000000
     continue

     echo -- Disable watchdog.\n
     set *(uint32_t*)0x44e35048=0xAAAA
     while (*(uint32_t*)0x44e35034 != 0)
     end
     set *(uint32_t*)0x44e35048=0x5555
     while (*(uint32_t*)0x44e35034 != 0)
     end

     echo -- Overwrite kernel with application to debug.\n
     load
end

Nice. This would be a great example for the user manual :)

I've sent a patch.

Best regards

Christian

Chris