On 08/06/2021 05:07, Chris Johns wrote:
On 7/6/21 6:40 pm, Christian Mauderer wrote:> I think the Options don't need
documentation changes because the options in the
waf based build system are now documented directly in the yaml files and printed
if you generate the default config.
Hmm I am not sure I agree with the premise the YAML is the documentation. The
user manual exists for this purpose and user wanting to explore RTEMS would look
there rather than cloning the repo, running commands etc.

I accept the current defaults etc work flow is a good place to start for the waf
conversion project but we need to do a lot more to make accessing the YAML
easier. The wscript contains the only rtems.git repo means to read the YAML and
the pickled data and that limits how we can change and evolve this.

We could use rtems-central to generate sections for the user manual from the build specification. This would be similar to the generation of the glossaries, application configuration option documentation, and the directive documentation.

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER

Registergericht: Amtsgericht München