On 7/6/2021 21:20, Chris Johns wrote:
On 7/7/21 12:03 pm, Kinsey Moore wrote:
On 7/6/2021 20:57, Chris Johns wrote:
On 7/7/21 11:05 am, Kinsey Moore wrote:
The need for the difference on ZynqMP is that there are 4 different CGEM
interfaces of which dev boards primarily make use of CGEM3.
RTEMS_BSD_DRIVER_XILINX_ZYNQMP_CGEM0(ZYNQMP_IRQ_ETHERNET_0);
RTEMS_BSD_DRIVER_XILINX_ZYNQMP_CGEM1(ZYNQMP_IRQ_ETHERNET_1);
RTEMS_BSD_DRIVER_XILINX_ZYNQMP_CGEM2(ZYNQMP_IRQ_ETHERNET_2);
RTEMS_BSD_DRIVER_XILINX_ZYNQMP_CGEM3(ZYNQMP_IRQ_ETHERNET_3);

?
Yes, this does technically work
Hmm, I suggest this is what we should support as a default.

if you can read the shell output past the log
spam. The other interfaces trying and failing to come up throw a gargantuan
amount of messages to the console.
Why do these interfaces fail to initialise? What are the errors?

The removed probe check is based around FDT and so I suspect is the reason
Sebastian suggested FDT support. Needing FDT support would break existing Zynq
users.

The devices themselves are detected just fine and are likely operational. The MII busses are probably unterminated or pulled high/low which yields a ukphy detection on every available slot and constant PHY read/write timeouts. A small sample from enabling both CGEM2 and CGEM3 on this custom board:

ukphy13:  none, 10baseT, 10baseT-FDX, 100baseTX, 100baseTX-FDX, 100baseT4, 1000baseSX, 1000baseSX-FDX, 1000baseT, 1000baseT-master, 1000baseT-FDX, 1000baseT-FDX-master, auto
cgem3: phy read timeout: 0
ukphy14: <Generic IEEE 802.3u media interface> PHY 14 on miibus0
cgem3: phy write timeout: 0
cgem3: phy read timeout: 0
cgem3: phy read timeout: 0
cgem3: phy read timeout: 0
cgem3: phy read timeout: 0
cgem3: phy read timeout: 0
cgem3: phy read timeout: 0

cgem3: phy read timeout: 0

This type of output reached ukphy31 before I was able to run the shutdown command with 50+ PHY read/write errors and more continuing afterward. I imagine it's worse if I enable all 4 interfaces.

Kinsey