On 15/9/22 9:21 pm, Frank Kühndel wrote:
> Hello Chris,
>
> our CI build the tools (rtems-source-builder git) for revision
>
> c0edd80bcd27b3dad7ee7acf5ea129e81e6a6f64 "rtems/jpeg: Update the checksum"
>
> OK and failed for revision
>
> 468fc79e8c7c8076e8b65be82ba2009e41dd6c8e "devel/gcc: Check and build GNU sed
> if
> not available on build host"
>
> with missing dependencies for expat-devel (and as followup gmp-devel). Excerpt
> from the source-builder log:
>
> checking size of unsigned __int128... 16
> checking for library containing dlopen... none required
> checking whether to use expat... yes
> checking for libexpat... no
> configure: error: expat is missing or unusable
> make[2]: *** [Makefile:10085: configure-gdb] Error 1
>
> This happens in an opensuse leap 15.4 container within a build for RTEMS 6 and
> ARM BSP. I tested on an almalinux container too and got the same error.
>
> "expat" and "gmp" are usually build by the source-builder itself. Hence, I
> wonder whether these new additional dependencies on "expat-devel" and
> "gmp-devel" packages are added by intention or whether this may be a unwanted
> side effect of the patches?

It is an unwanted side effect of my recent changes. My fix to stop installing
with --no-install was too aggressive. It also stopped installing the staged
output. Staging is used to collect the build output prior to installing and it
is used internally with dependent builds, ie gdb depends on expat.

Thanks for the report.

Chris