Am 29.09.22 um 08:56 schrieb Chris Johns:
On 29/9/2022 4:55 pm, Christian MAUDERER wrote:
Am 29.09.22 um 08:54 schrieb Chris Johns:
On 29/9/2022 4:42 pm, Christian MAUDERER wrote:
It could be a bug if the tools builds work, ie 6/rtems-*. Please raise a
ticket?

The tool builds work except for the 6/rtems-microblaze.

Thanks, I will take a look.

I just checked it: There is the same behavior for devel/dtc (which is much
faster to build). Without the patch an archive is created. With the patch it
doesn't create one.

Awesome, that will help.

In case of dtc, it seems to not work because dtc is in

  devel/dtc-1.6.1-1.cfg

which ends in a ".cfg" and not in a ".bset".

The bset_tar(...) function is only called if the have_staging is set here:

https://git.rtems.org/rtems-source-builder/tree/source-builder/sb/setbuilder.py?id=161b7f108c3daa0f71ac289ba048a68b730d422c#n623

That variable seems to be only set to True here:

https://git.rtems.org/rtems-source-builder/tree/source-builder/sb/setbuilder.py?id=161b7f108c3daa0f71ac289ba048a68b730d422c#n489

And that statement is in a

  if configs[s].endswith('.bset')

Does that mean that only bsets can be packed? I think having a tarball for tools like qemu or dtc could be quite useful too.

PS: Not sure yet why microblaze is affected too. That maybe is another case.

Best regards

Christian
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Christian MAUDERER