From: Joel Sherrill
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2022 10:36 AM
To: rtems-de...@rtems.org
Subject: Visibility of RISCV_BOOT_HARTID

Hi

I was looking at the bsp default settings for sparc/leon3 to show someone and noticed this which is out of place.

# boot hartid (processor number) of risc-v cpu (default 0)
RISCV_BOOT_HARTID = 0

I looked around and see it is an architecture specific ini setting but placed in a directory with architecture independent settings. We don't appear to have any other examples of a cpukit option that is architecture specific. So it is lumped in with all the architecture independent ini settings.

We had long discussions about presenting these options with better names, documentation, etc as part of the waf transition. Seems unfortunate to have this show up in all configurations.

Any thoughts on how to clean this up?

Thanks.

--joel