Hello Andrew,

I wish you also a Happy New Year.

On 03/01/2023 12:42, andrew.butterfi...@scss.tcd.ie wrote:
Hello Sebastian,

  Yes - I noticed that problem - I got a lot of responses about those emails
being referred to the moderator.

Some of those blocked patches were adding in archive material. I did this
because of recent interactions
with the follow-up ESA project looking at Independent Validation and Verification
(IV&V). They didn't just
want to see the starting models and final test code and results, but also all
the intermediate artifacts.
This can be quite a large amount of data.

On reflection, it may not make much sense to include this stuff
- rather the proposed new section in the Software Engineering Manual should
mention the need to make
such archives available.

I'll do the fork/patch/PR as you suggested (I can leave the archive stuff out -
it's generated by the tooling anyway).

As a rule of thumb, generated stuff should not be included in the repository. However, the user of the repository should be able to regenerate everything in its own environment.

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER

Registergericht: Amtsgericht München