One remark as an random observer here.
"branch 6-freebsd-12" has caught my eyes. Let me ask shouldn't development patches go into the master branch from which they may be later cherry-picked if needed and pushed into 6-freebsd-12 branch?

Just few weeks ago guys were having a discussion how to sync branches since they diverged due to patches pushed into both directions without a proper syncing...

Thanks,
Karel