On Thu, Jun 1, 2023 at 2:00 PM Gedare Bloom <ged...@rtems.org> wrote:

> [...]

The use of the enabled-by: field to control the BSP-specific tests
looks reasonable. However, we should decide where/how any BSP-specific
tests should reside. It looks to me like the current approach is to
dump all test files in a single monolithic 'validation' directory, and
let the user/script sort it out. This results in a mix of tests
intended for all targets, and some for specific targets. This is
pretty much non-maintainable from my point-of-view without some
additional tool support. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I would like to discuss possible ways to manage the integration of
tests that are conditionally-built based on the arch/bsp tuple. We
should have clear guidance for others who want to add such tests in
the future, or who would modify existing tests.

Gedare