Please note that backports most likely won't be directly included in libbsd. They make the upgrade process a lot more complicated. So I'm sure that someone will object to include a backport in the master branch. Still: I think the backport on a branch is currently the best approach for your project.

Best regards

Christian

On 2023-06-04 19:18, Noor Aman wrote:
Hi Alan,

    If you have not done so already, would it be worth trying to build
    and initialize the current libbsd with a loopback driver?

I haven't done it so far, This might help. Thanks.

    Are there other devices on the RPI4 such as the SD card or USB that
    may be usable in the current libbsd on the Pi 4?

The only thing which I think might be compatible would be arasan SD card drivers. And every other peripheral's drivers isn't present in the current rtems-libbsd state.

    I know it will not get you the ethernet driver you need, but having
    an environment that runs on the board might be a step in the right
    direction.

    How hard do you think it would be to backport the ethernet driver to
    the current rtems-libbsd release?

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to backport since it's a major release (backporting from 13.x to 12.x). It will take a while to figure all that out.

embedded brains GmbH & Co. KG
Herr Christian MAUDERER
Dornierstr. 4
82178 Puchheim