On 30.06.23 19:18, Kinsey Moore wrote:
On Fri, Jun 30, 2023 at 11:58 AM Joel Sherrill <j...@rtems.org <mailto:j...@rtems.org>> wrote:

    On Fri, Jun 30, 2023 at 1:26 AM Sebastian Huber
    <sebastian.hu...@embedded-brains.de
    <mailto:sebastian.hu...@embedded-brains.de>> wrote:

        Hello,

        it seems the RTEMS 6.1 release is getting closer. We should
        think about
        the tool versions for the release.

        For GCC, my preferred choice would be GCC 13.2:

        https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc/2023-June/241838.html
        <https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc/2023-June/241838.html>

        In GCC 12 a big change was enabling the vectorization support
        with -O2.
        This should have stabilized in GCC 13. GCC 13 contains some
        RTEMS-specific improvements for Ada.

    I think I am generally ok with moving to 13.2 since we want to be
    reasonably
    current when the branch happens.

    Do you know of any Ada users with Adacore support for GNAT/RTEMS?
    I am aware of one case and they are using GCC 11 as a base so we already
    have a mismatch. The user builds RSB tools with TLS disabled for
    compatibility.
      I know this isn't a community concern but if we have more Ada
    users, we want to do
    right by them.

    I also was asked about using FORTRAN recently.

    I'd like to say the same thing about Rust users. :)

        For Binutils and GDB I would just use the latest release
        available at
        the RTEMS 6 branch point.

Be aware that I have recently rolled 6.1 binutils back from 2.40 to 2.39 due to a regression in the AArch64 toolchain. The latest release is still 2.40, so please don't roll that forward until the 2.41 release is out and is verified to have the fix.

The Binutils 2.41 release is close:

https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/2023-June/127930.html

Could you please check, that the fixes are included.

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER

Registergericht: Amtsgericht München