On 11.08.23 07:51, Sebastian Huber wrote:

On 11.08.23 07:40, Chris Johns wrote:
On 11/8/2023 3:33 pm, Sebastian Huber wrote:
On 11.08.23 02:21, Chris Johns wrote:
On 10/8/2023 7:02 pm, Sebastian Huber wrote:
Document that the build scripts in the testsuites produce a test program.
I am sorry but I do not understand this change and why we need it. Is the
addition of the target line purely cosmetic?
This information can be used to associate test executables with build items and
vice versa.
We just these tests?

These are the only tests which are produced by a build script. The other tests already have a target attribute.

I am struggling to see a need. If you have a need it may help to outline it.

This can be used to improve the quality of test documents which use the build specification and a test report in JSON as input.

Also I cannot see anything we have to make sure the path is valid.

Yes, currently the path in the target attribute and in the script have a bit of redundancy. I don't think it is worth the cost to get rid of this redundancy since we have it only in a couple of files.

Any objections to commit this patch?

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER