Hello Martin,

On 13.10.23 12:09, Martin Åberg wrote:
Hello Sebastian,

My understanding is that with this patch, one GPTIMER subtimer is always allocated for the timecounter in uniprocessor configuration in the case of "use_gptimer".

yes, exactly.

Does this mean that the lower hardware requirement for all LEON3 systems is raised to require a GPTIMER with two available subtimers? (Since the last hardware subtimer is typically dedicated to the watchdog function, three subtimers would in practice be needed.)

Yes, but this requirement holds only for systems which do not provide an alternative free-running counter, such as the DSU time tag, IRQ(A)MP timestamp, %asr23, etc.

What are the implications when using RTEMS_MULTIPROCESSING together with "use_gptimer"?

In bsps/sparc/leon3/include/bsp/leon3.h, we have:
 >  #if defined(RTEMS_MULTIPROCESSING)
 >  #define LEON3_CLOCK_INDEX \
>    ( rtems_configuration_get_user_multiprocessing_table() ? LEON3_Cpu_Index : 0 )
 >  #else
 >  #define LEON3_CLOCK_INDEX 0
 >  #endif

Can LEON3_COUNTER_GPTIMER_INDEX of CPU0 be equal to LEON3_CLOCK_INDEX of CPU1 here?

The individual RTEMS instances could share the GPTIMER configured in free-running mode.

The GR712RC and GR740 do not need the additional GPTIMER subtimer. Which products would be affected by this change? I hope that all future Gaisler products provide a free-running counter device with a capture feature for PPS.

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER

Registergericht: Amtsgericht München