Thanks for the detailed response. I attempted building sel4test in my local VM
and I’ve run into the same issue. I have uploaded the both the seL4test and
dynamic_1 images to Dropbox and you can retrieve them from
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lfyv1lvnvkzszex/AABhxvA_xisyIFY_5CuGsWAUa?dl=0

That being said, everything is working inside the Docker container (I had to
remove sharing /etc/localtime since I’m running Docker directly on macOS).

I’ll proceed using the Docker based environment for now and will revisit
running in the VM in the next few weeks - there’s a chance I misconfigured
something or grabbed the wrong version of a library. I noticed there’s a big
difference in the kernel version number between the docker image and the
current Ubuntu 18.04 kernel, so something else may have changed that is
incompatible.

Again, thank you for the nudge in the right direction.

Jeremiah Peschka