>>>>> "skydivebcn" == skydivebcn  <skydive...@gmail.com> writes:

skydivebcn> I have noticed that no matter how I set the "-m size"
skydivebcn> parameter that only 512MB are available to the Linux
skydivebcn> guest. Removing the "highmem=off" crashes the system.

The QEMU parameter just says what the memory available to the system
as a whole is.  The amount of memory available to the guest is in the
devices.camkes file you used to configure the system.

For example, in
projects/vm-examples/apps/Arm/vm_minimal/qemu-arm-virt/devices.camkes
the amount of RAM for the guest is set to 0x20000000 with parameter
VM_RAM_SIZE. (that's 512Mb)

You will also need  to set QEMU_MEMORY in a CMAKE file before building
the seL4 kernel -- the build system needs to know the amount of RAM
avaiable; it's not determined at runtime.  Probably something like:
set(QEMU_MEMORY "2048")
in kernel/config.cmake will up the RAM from the default 1G to 2G.

--
Dr Peter Chubb                https://trustworthy.systems/
Trustworthy Systems Group                        CSE, UNSW