David Dawes writes:

 > It's as simple as me not liking the tools I use during my spare
 > time being imposed on me by groups that have more to gain from my
 > using them than I do.  This big clamour is not coming from the end
 > user community, but from groups like gnome, and distros like Red
 > Hat, and hardware vendors like HP.  Well, you saw what IBM did to
 > get kernel bug tracking.  If you guys want it badly enough, maybe
 > you should put up the resources on an ongoing basis to make it
 > happen rather than trying to bully volunteers into doing it for
 > you.  You'd be doing quite a service to the community.

Yes, good point!

It has bugged me for quite a while that many companies who take huge
advantage of our work have done virtually nothing to sponsor manpower.

If there is really that much interest in the Linux desktop as
Jim always likes to point out those companies will make some revenue
with selling desktop products. Therefore it would be in their own
interest to invest some manpower in our project.

Egbert.