David,

I think your comments about bugs in Bugzilla skewing towards
Linux and new hardware were right on the money.

...but don't you think such skew is statistically inevitable?

There are IMO two desires here, and I argue they do not conflict:

- Making sure XFree86 does become unduly influenced by Linux use.

- Utilizing strength in numbers, let the vast Linux army test XFree86
heavily and fix core bugs, and add core enhancements, that have a
positive effect on all XFree86 users.

As much as I would personally love to see bug reports for ancient
PCI S3's with ancient RAMDACs [no, I'm not kidding], or someone else
would love to see bug reports and testing for <random old hardware
/ obscure OS> statistics just isn't on the favorable side there.
AFAICS that's just reality and not fixable :(

With all due respect,

        Jeff