The good news is that I have basic patches, that support just about
everything.

The keyboard support at this point has two problems, the first is that
there is no support for the bell, that is mostly because the bell is a
separate event device.  I consider this to be a rather minor problem.

The second is /much/ bigger.

I don't see any way to tell the kernel that the keyboard events should
not also be sent to through the console layer, which means, for
instance, that hitting alt-F1 on the USB keyboard both gives the event
to X, and then switches the console.

Without that piece, things are not overly usable, and I'm not sure how
to fix the problem.

The current patches, against X 4.2.99.4, are at
http://people.debian.org/~warp/evdev/, please read the README first.

Zephaniah E. Hull.

--
        1024D/E65A7801 Zephaniah E. Hull <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
           92ED 94E4 B1E6 3624 226D  5727 4453 008B E65A 7801