Thomas Zander wrote:
Whoa, funny as hell!

I do try..

I have written a driver for the touchscreen of the PaceBlade laptop, and
have about the same questions!

Plus;
- where can I find a list of methods I can call in the driver with API
docs?
Damn fine question. Like for instance, if I notice relative reports coming in, maybe I should do something to trigger the driver's switching to relative coordinates. Because, I do allow my front-end tool to select relative mode for the tablet.

Really, tying in to hotplug, I'd like to know that a tablet's been attached, and if so, to which device entry in /dev/input...

I am looking for a way to do timers in the driver...

There is an X wrapper around select()...

So, one more vote for answers ;)
Thanx.
I say let's set up a chat channel somewhere, and line up other input device champions, and we can spend 30 minutes or so asking stupid questions until everyone feels comfortable with each other.

Do we have a volunteer to ask/answer dumb questions from we newbies?

--
Bryan W. Headley - [EMAIL PROTECTED]