On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 12:20:04PM -0800, Keith Packard wrote:
> I believe the approach taken will at least work in the majority of cases,
> as long as setjmp/longjmp are exported as regular functions and jmp_buf
> is no larger than xf86jmp_buf.  Because the system setjmp.h is included
> when referencing those functions, it may be wise to place a check there to
> ensure xf86jmp_buf is large enough; that would catch systems for which
> this technique will fail.

You ought to make the xf86jmp_buf larger than 200 bytes.
I have access to a machine where the jmp_buf storage takes 232
bytes already!

(A PowerPC running BSD/OS 5.0)

The downside of having lots of general purpose registers and a floating
point unit with lots of available registers, I suppose.

Might I suggest 256 bytes?

-Kurt