On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 03:48:02PM -0500, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 08:53:14PM +0100, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > Its news to me that a locale can specify that its utf-8, since I always
> > thought that locales don't define encodings.
>
> It's news, then :)
>
> You can specify "en_US.UTF-8" as your locale.  Which implies to me that
> xterm can recognize, from its environment, the encoding, and act
> accordingly.

Hope you aren't using the locale standard 'Variation' variable for that; in
most europe countries that will give problems since they allready use it for
the EURO variation.
Do you know who came up with this idea? Is there a mailing list I can look at?

Knowing my locales; encondings should not be in a locale! (Since the user can
override them)

Thanx!

--
Thomas Zander