Juliusz Chroboczek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> $B$5$s$O=q$-$^$7$?(B:
(B
(B> You're running in a UTF-8 locale, and find a directory where the
(B> filenames are in ISO 8859-1.  You do
(B>
(B>   $ LC_ALL=en_US luit ls
(B>
(B> Ls puts its input into the pty's buffer, then quits.  Depending on how
(B> lucky you are with scheduling, luit might get the SIGCLD before it
(B> deals with ls's output.  Heisenbug.
(B
(BI see. I was lucky and always saw the output of ls in that case.
(B
(B> I might very well change the default behaviour to quit if the child is
(B> dead *and* the input buffer is empty.
(B
(B
(B    LANG=en_US xterm -lc &
(B
(Bin this xterm:
(B
(B    sleep 1000 &
(B
(BThe input buffer is probably empty. But the child isn't dead.
(BAnd without "-x" luit doesn't exit.
(B
(B--
(BMike Fabian   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
$B?gL2ITB-$O$$$$;E;v$NE([EMAIL PROTECTED](B
(BDevel mailing list
(B[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Bhttp://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/devel