On Sun, Mar 09, 2003 at 04:21:52PM +0100, Aleksandar Simonovski wrote:
> is tv-out supported with ati radeon 9000 on xfree 4.3

I do not think so. However, there is a tool named "atitvout"
(do a freshmeat search). With some chance you will have tvout:

- boot with your tvout connector connected to your tv.
- try all the atitvout command; maybe some will work

This tool is for ATI Rage Mobility P/M. I can get only black/white
tv out with my ATI Radeon Mobility M7 LW.

On the other hand, we can read this in the ati.com Linux/XFree86
faq:

"ATI is investigating the possibility of supporting TV Out under
Linux for products which include this feature."

So, it will be maybe possible to have a better tv out support
for ati cards in a near future. My problem here is that I do not
know how to ask ATI for support (here tv out technical doc).

Maybe an XFree developer which has contact with ATI can help
here?

Regards, Olivier