Miguel Freitas ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

> i'm trying to use XFree86-VidModeExtension from my application but i
> ran into a somewhat erratic behaviour. XF86VidModeAddModeLine always
> fails for me with XF86VidModeBadVTimings no matter what settings i try
> to use.

  Yep.

> i checked XF-4.3.0 at programs/Xserver/Xext/xf86vmode.c, function
> ProcXF86VidModeAddModeLine(). it seems that clock field is not being
> set on the structure returned by VidModeCreateMode().
>
> that indeed explains the erratic behaviour because there must be
> garbage on the allocated memory.
>
> may someone with more knowlegment of XFree86 confirm this bug?
>
> also, does it means that this function was never used before?

  I can't find any archives from the Xpert list, but last year I posted
about the same analysis with some more notes.  I did some hacking that
let me add modelines (but not delete them), and basically just got this
function working, however it was really hacked as I was much more
interested in testing some theories more than finishing this (clearly
incomplete) implementation.  Nobody replied to my posts to Xpert asking
how the code got in this shape in the first place:  is this code just
unfinished, a bad check-in, an unfinished port from 3.3 ?  I don't quite
understand.

  If you want me to try and dig up my code I can, but my advice is that
we start over and finish the implementation of this extension from the
4.3 code.

--
Billy Biggs