On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 09:26:21PM -0500, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, [iso-8859-15] José Fonseca wrote:
>
> >I know that the current policy on DRI is to post bugs on dri-users or
> >dri-devel, but with XFree86 having a bug database is inevitable that
> >people will eventually post bugs there too. Therefore what's the
> >possibility of:
> > - Setting up a general "owner" for DRI bugs, which probably would be
> >   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > - automatically set the owner of DRI bugs, e.g., by the users adding a
> >   "DRI" keyword, or associating the "XFree86 Server"->"DRI" extension
> >   component.
> > - Add the possibility to add comments to bugs via e-mail.
>
> Bugzilla requires a valid authenticated login.  Not possible to
> do that with email->bugzilla at least currently.

This is not is said on
http://www.bugzilla.org/docs216/html/faq.html#AEN1850 .

  "A.2.1.  Is Bugzilla web-based, or do you have to have specific
  software or a specific operating system on your machine?

  It is web and e-mail based. You can edit bugs by sending specially
  formatted email to a properly configured Bugzilla, or control via the
  web."

On the other
hand, a while ago I tried to play a little with bugzilla, but didn't
found any further documentation concerning this e-mail frontend.

> >Basically I would like to be possible that:
> > - An user adds a bug concerning DRI
> > - The owner is (either manually or automatically) set to
> >   [EMAIL PROTECTED], which receives the bug
> > - Any developer on the dri-devel list which has an account on
> >   XFree86 Bugzilla can reply and that comment is added to the bug
> >   database.
>
> Click on the URL in the bugzilla email, the bug comes up, and you
> can enter a comment directly into bugzilla.  Even pine can do
> this easily.

Yes, I'm pretty happy with the web interface myself - especially since
Bugzilla started to use cookies to remember logins.  This request was
more for a smooth transition for those developers who rather deal with
bugs via email.

José Fonseca