Sven Luther writes:
 > On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 11:58:03AM +0200, Egbert Eich wrote:
 > > Sven Luther writes:
 > >  > Hello, ...
 > >  >
 > >  > I have been trying to build the driver SDK thingy on both 4.3.0 and
 > >  > head, and it seems to be somewhat broken. In particular there are some
 > >  > missing files, which altough needed, are not part of the SDK, like the
 > >  > render includes for example.
 > >  >
 > >  > So, i looked at the whole stuff, and have been trying to fix this, but
 > >  > encountered that many driver missed declaring some of their file, which
 > >  > is a pain.
 > >  >
 > >  > Since the driver SDK is aimed mostly at building drivers, maybe listing
 > >  > all files as being part of the SDK in the Imakefile is not the most
 > >  > appropriate way of doing this, since mostly _all_ the files of the
 > >  > driver directory are really needed, and in fact my aim is to not use the
 > >  > drivers from the sdk, but the ones from the driver module just announced
 > >  > by Alan.
 > >
 > > I'm currently exploring a toatlly new SDK which takes advantage of
 > > driver modules. It doesn't even attempt to add drivers to the SDK,
 > > but it expects them to be dropped in from a separate tarball.
 >
 > Hello,
 >
 > I expect to be looking at the SDK stuff again nextly, and would like to
 > know if you did advance some with this code since you wrote this ?

No, unfortunately not. I've just returned from vacation and didn't
have time to look at it any more.
The next two weeks are pretty occupied with other things, too.

 > Also, would your new SDK still use a fixed path or should it be possible
 > to install it anywhere ?

Fixed path? I have not looked at the old SDK, but my plan is to
have it like the build tree so you should be able to put it anywhere.

Egbert.