On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Egbert Eich wrote:

>Yes, there are plans to ship all bitmap fonts converted to ttf. This
>however requires  bdf->ttf and ttf->bdf converters. I don't know
>the status of these converters. Even then we'd still need bitmap fonts
>in different encodings for systems that still require the old bitmap
>renderers for some reason.
>Therefore a ucs2any converter written in C will be useful in any case.
>
>If you want to invest the time to test the results of your converter
>against the perl version I'd think it would make sense to switch to
>it.
>Could you post the code of the converter to the bugzilla?

Ok, I'll go ahead and finish off fixing the last few quirks and
test it.  Once I've quality/sanity tested it I'll submit it to
bugzilla and likely post a comment here also.  It should be
portable to any platform which adheres to ISO C99 and SuSv3, but
I'll be more than glad to fix any portability issues to other
platforms as well if any issues pop up.

TTYL

--
Mike A. Harris