On Fri, 27 Jun 2003, Ricardo Baratto wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> apologies for the previous email, it got sent unfinished.
>
> I have a newbie video hardware question:
> In the XAA Howto, in the section about color expansion, what does
> "skipleft" mean in:
>
> "For hardware that doesn't allow an easy implementation of skipleft, the
> driver can replace CacheMonoStipple function with one that stores multiple rotated
> copies of the stipple and select between them."

   The graphics engine is taking a 1bpp bitmap and expanding it
into foreground and background colors.  The "skipleft" is the
number of bits on the left edge of the source that the graphics
engine should skip.  That is, you don't want to blit from the
left edge of the source bitmap but from "skipleft" bits into
the source bitmap.  This value will never be larger than 31.

                        Mark.