Mark Vojkovich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Ok. Our code is actually working with dual head on the NVIDIA cards
> > provided that the BIOS has posted both heads to run in clone mode. On
> > some cards the BIOS does not post the second head and only one head comes
> > up, and the riva_hw.c module is not able to initialise the second head. I
> > guess we are stuck in that case ;-)
>
>    This would be the expected behavior.  You can run either head if
> the card was posted in clone mode.  You can probably even run CRTs
> on the secondary head, but DFP will only work if it was posted.

Yes, that is correct. We don't yet support DFP flat panels, but run multi-
head using

BTW, how come some BIOS'es do not post both heads, even though there are
two monitors attached? Quadro4's with the splitter cable is one such
combination. The second head is never posted, but if you boot the machine
with only the second head connected, it comes up fine and runs just on
that head. Seems weird that the BIOS does not post both heads....

Regards,

---
Kendall Bennett
Chief Executive Officer
SciTech Software, Inc.
Phone: (530) 894 8400
http://www.scitechsoft.com

~ SciTech SNAP - The future of device driver technology! ~