From: Dr Andrew C Aitchison [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2003 5:09 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Hardware overlays (8+24?) on Intel i830

I see from
        http://www.xig.com/Pages/PrReleases/PRMay03-830-O'lays.pdf
that hardware overlays (possibly similar to what we currently do
in the mga and glint drivers) are possible on the Intel i830 chipset.

Does anyone know anything more, or is anyone actually working on
adding support to our drivers ?

If anyone with a suitable machine is interested in testing for me,
and I can get chip-level details, I *might* be interested in writing
the code myself.

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison         Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna