On Saturday, August 2, 2003, at 11:50 PM, hy0 wrote:

Indeed, it's not stray surfaces getting in the way either. I suspect
it's rather a CRTC/DAC/whatnot setup problem. Hui Yu is the man to talk
to. :)

With the latest CVS code, you can try to use Option MonitorLayout "TMDS,
CRT" (note TMDS first) and Option NoDDC. You'll also need to specify their
sync ranges correctly as NoDDC is used.

All new radeon chips have two DACs and one TMDS transmitter (a 2nd external
TMDS can be added), but how these are mapped to the output connectors
depends on the taste of individual OEM.

Yes, that's what I suspected. But on a Mac at least this should be well-defined since there's not a whole bunch of resellers like in the PC case ;).

For all PC cards, the connector
information can be collected from video BIOS and the driver uses this info
to setup DAC and TMDS accordingly. In this case, with no BIOS information
available, although the driver detected two monitors correctly, the order is
wrong (this card uses DDC_DVI channel for CRT and DDC_VGA channel for TMDS).
A possible solution, when video BIOS is not available, is to add a register
probing routine for the correct DAC/TMDS settings. Hopefully someone with a
Mac machine can do this.

I'm willing to poke around with the stuff, but I lack docs concerning the chipset. As for the obvious things, I did patch Ben's kernel driver to work with my setup, but the radeon driver in X is far more confusing without documentation. I'll see what I can find out ... I would be grateful for any tidbits of information you could send me...

Cheers,
Simon

---
Simon Urbanek
Department of computer oriented statistics and data analysis
Universitätsstr. 14
86135 Augsburg
Germany

Tel: +49-821-598-2236