On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 08:43:55PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
>On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 02:36:01PM -0400, David Dawes wrote:
>> >Alternatively, we could use the almost same effect by somehow having the
>> >XFree86.0.log include the latest CHANGELOG entry number. This could be
>> >done by some preprocessing.
>> >
>> >If the date in the first XFree86 line is full, and we have a normal
>> >release, or it is marked as xx or some other sign, and we are facing a
>> >CVS checkout. In this case, we use the first number in the line just
>> >below the XFree86 line, and embed that number in the log message writing
>> >code.
>>
>> I think I can extract the date from the '$XFree86' line in the
>> CHANGELOG file and add it to the auto-generated xf86Build.h.  While
>> I'm at it, I can adjust the auto-generation of xf86Build.h so that
>> its modification time doesn't change when its contents don't change.
>>
>> I've attached a patch for this.
>
>Nice.
>
>But that would mean not using a xxx as day of the month as is currently
>done (or was last i checked out the tree).

No, it gets it from the '$XFree86' line at the end.  For the current
CVS trunk, CLOG_DATE gets defined to 20030808, and the following
is printed when you run 'XFree86 -version':

XFree86 Version 4.3.99.9
Release Date: 8 August 2003
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 6.6
Build Operating System: FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE-p1 i386 [ELF]
Build Date: 09 August 2003
Changelog Date: 08 August 2003

David
--
David Dawes
Founder/committer/developer                     The XFree86 Project